VegPeace.org → Equipment
Equipment for Making Raw Food
You don't need to buy lots of high-priced gear to make raw food. People have been eating uncooked plants for a very long time. Long before there was electricity, someone ate a green leaf, and it was good.
Start With Simple Equipment
You can get started making healthy meals with some basic equipment that you may already have in your kitchen.
- Large knife for chopping vegetables.
- Small knife for cutting bad spots out, removing apple cores, etc.
- Graters for shredding carrots, beets, cabbage, apples, ginger, etc.
- Pepper grinder. Fresh pepper is so much better. Everything is better fresh.
- Large spoon for squeezing an orange over the salad.
- Large salad bowls. For eating big salads. Give everyone a big bowl.
- Medium-sized bowls for muesli, soup, vegetable dishes.
- Containers for storing grains, seeds, herbs, spices, etc.
Handy Machines to Have
Once you've got the basics, it's convenient to have a few food preparation machines. They can make life a little easier.
- Grain mill for making muesli.
- Grinder for grinding seeds & nuts.
- Suribachi for grinding seeds & nuts.
- Blender for making smoothies, soups, sauces, etc.
- Mortar & pestle is another tool for making soups, souces, etc.
VegPeace.org © Jordan Rothstein <jordan at vegpeace.org>